The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Licenced Engineers and Senior Base Engineer with daily activities to provide operationally capable aircraft.
Safety first. Operate at Draken Europe in accordance with the SHE standards. Identify where the SHE Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- Carry out all tasks, as directed to a high standard in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- General maintenance tasks to include (but not limited to) emptying bins and hangar husbandry.
- Providing support to the booking in and out of spare parts to the Draken stores management system in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensuring all fuels, oils and lubricants are managed in accordance with company procedures and the minimum quantities at the MOB are maintained throughout the contract.
- Management of waste disposal of oils and lubricants in accordance with approved procedures.
- Supporting ground movement of aircraft and towing of aircraft ground equipment.
- Basic maintenance and checks on ground support equipment.
- Management of all serviced and calibrated equipment, ensuring that any calibration requirements are identified and conducted with minimal disruption to aircraft maintenance.
- Providing support to the management and maintenance of tool kits to ensure that all tools are kept in a serviceable condition.
- Any other tasks as required by the Senior Base Engineer within the capability of the incumbent.
- Promote a “Just Culture” with regard to safety and reporting of occurrences within the business
- Ability to be security cleared to a minimum of SC level
- Computer literate
- Self-starter who looks for lateral solutions
- Good Motivational Qualities
- Needs to understand and deliver customer service, whilst representing the company interests
- Needs to be able to enjoy working within a small team
- An ability to work safely while meeting expected delivery schedules
- A willingness to work flexible hours, to meet operational requirements and assist in aircraft recoveries/deploy on short notice detachments when required
- All work conducted in accordance with the company SHE procedures and there are no serious accidents/injuries in the workplace.
- All work carried out in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- No level 1 findings from Audit activity.
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
To us, diversity means bringing your own perspective to the conversation; inclusion means having a voice - and equality means that your voice is heard.
At all our sites internationally, every member of the Draken Europe team is accountable to ensure that we are all treated fairly and with respect.
Intolerance has no place in our Company. We condemn it outright. Instead, we strive to create a culture where each person who joins our team feels they have the opportunity to succeed, to grow, and to work within an environment where they can be themselves.
- Job type