IT Support Analyst
The primary role of Application Support & BI Analyst is to enable and support the organisation for service delivery of business applications in the enterprise (maintenance, implementation, decommissioning). This will be achieved through a respected relationship with: business users and owners; vendors of software packages; and technical service providers particularly in relation to supporting the legacy systems.
- Ensure that any work done reflects the company’s policy to put safety ahead of any action.
- Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Provides day to day support and oversight, performance management, data backup, system security and problem solving for the assigned business applications.
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into problems and identifies options for consideration.
- Identifies key stakeholders and relationships and works with teams to build these.
- Understands how to work with stakeholders and contributes to improving these relationships.
- Performs defined tasks to monitor service delivery against service level agreements and maintains records of relevant information.
- Initiates and monitors actions to investigate patterns and trends to resolve problems, including consulting specialists where required. Determines the appropriate remedy and assists with implementation of it as well as preventative measures.
- Assisting with the administration of our SharePoint environment
- Keeping the applications within the applications running without issues
- Ensuring that support tickets are processed as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Helping throughout the IT organisation as may required from time to time.
- Working in safe and secure manner keeping the security of the business at the forefront of all actions
- Ensuring that applications, and their environments, are kept up to date
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Get messages understood by adopting a wide range of styles, tools and techniques
- Share information, good practice and expertise with others
- Present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others
- Listen actively and objectively without interrupting
- Respond to and discuss issues without being defensive.
- MRO Support
- Ability to work with and liaise with external software support companies
- Ability to work and build relationships with internal departments within the organization, especially with IT
- Extensive issue management, trouble shooting, problem solving and Incident Management
- Demonstrate analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional customer service orientation
Qualifications and Experience
- Operating System: Windows Server
- Languages: Working knowledge of SQL and any other scripting language.
- Databases: MS SQL
- Service Delivery: Strong understanding of ITIL management principles
- Use of Office 365 toolset
- Use of SQL Server Management Studio
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Experience of SharePoint administration
- Service awareness, preferably IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Performs application tuning, configuration, monitoring, and administration.
- Making sure application estate is up-to-date, achieving SLA targets and adhering to organisation’s expectations
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
To us, diversity means bringing your own perspective to the conversation; inclusion means having a voice - and equality means that your voice is heard.
At all our sites internationally, every member of the Draken Europe team is accountable to ensure that we are all treated fairly and with respect.
Intolerance has no place in our Company. We condemn it outright. Instead, we strive to create a culture where each person who joins our team feels they have the opportunity to succeed, to grow, and to work within an environment where they can be themselves.
- Job type