Graduate Engineer (Summer Placement)
Draken Europe offers exciting careers that matter.
We believe that mission success does not start with the mission itself. It begins with our people.
We are currently recruiting for a Graduate Engineer (Summer Placement) to be responsible for delivering work packages within a series of data connectivity projects. This position would suit a student between BSc/BEng and MSc/MEng degree or a PhD Student
• Completed First degree in Avionics, Aeronautical, Mechanical or Electronic Engineering
• IT literate to a developed standard
• Work within a small team of engineers to deliver elements of a series of connectivity projects.
• Interpret Technology Roadmaps to define technical solutions primarily connected with secure Air to Ground communications.
• Travel as required within UK.
Able to work under supervision to provide solutions:
• To design, develop, document & test connectivity solutions.
Capable of producing detailed projects plans in conjunction with the relevant lead engineer:
• Own work packages and be able to plan and deliver own work to agreed timescales and quality.
System Test and fault finding
• Develop test plans.
• Deliver systems through test and into service.
• Find rapid and pragmatic solutions that support the business case when issues are encountered.
Experience / skills / qualifications
• Degree Qualified in appropriate engineering discipline.
• Evidence of University project experience in at least one of:
o RF Systems
o Digital control
o Networked Communications
o Digital multi-level security
• Holds current UK SC Security Clearance.
• Excellent communication, technical report writing and presentation skills.
• The ability to work in a within a large organisation in a matrix management structure.
• Managing and prioritizing of own time
• Electronic interfacing and standards knowledge and experience.
• Willingness to learn and understand security accreditation processes and requirements.
Our employee values
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
We are also an Armed Forces friendly organisation, and as part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, welcome applications from veterans and services spouses and partners who met the criteria in our job specifications.
In line with our Disability Confident Commitments, we provide reasonable adjustments to facilitate our interview process, please liaise with us if any reasonable adjustments are required.
- Job type