Type Airworthiness Officer (TAO)
Draken Europe offers exciting careers that matter.
We believe that mission success does not start with the mission itself. It begins with our people.
We are currently recruiting for a Type Airworthiness Officer (TAO) to act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the Type Design (aircraft). The TAO works within the Design Office (DO) organisation approvals, providing technical investigations, review and reports on the airworthiness of the aircraft and leads integrity management activity. A senior position within the Design Office, the role may represent the HDO within the business, with suppliers and with the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). With an expert knowledge of applicable regulations for initial and continuing airworthiness, the role evaluates the type design standards and design data to coordinate with the ‘CAMO’ to ensure initial Permit to Fly (PtF) and ongoing platform integrity and development. The role requires developed leadership skills and may have permanent or temporary direct reports as required. The role works with sensitive data (IP, classified and ITAR). The role may also provide engineering support to other functions within the Design Office, including the compiling of design and certification data.
• Initial type design investigation and reporting in support of CAA issued BCAR Permit to Fly
• Aircraft specific investigation and reporting in support of CAA issued BCAR Permit to Fly
• SME of aircraft configuration and installed systems to support A8-21 ‘Design Organisation Coordination’ activities.
• Support A8-21 (and Part 21 DOA) organisation with change and repair projects.
• Coordinate with all design organisations (including manufacturer and foreign suppliers).
• Perform change and repair classifications (major or minor) and liaise with the CAA for changes to the PtF as required.
• Ensuring that robust First and Second Lines of Defence Compliance (Quality) monitoring system is maintained at all times across all areas under the responsibility and ownership of the DO.
• Approve DO documentation, including technical content.
Experience / skills / qualifications
• Expert knowledge of Airworthiness for Military Aircraft (AMAC) principles and practices – Extensive military and/or industry related and proven experience in a similar role – Required
• Expert knowledge of civil aircraft airworthiness principles and practices – Extensive industry related and proven experience in a similar role – Required
• Expert theoretical and practical application-level knowledge of CAA and Military Aviation Regulations (A8-21, Part 21, DAOS, A8-25/CAMO, A8-23/Part 145) – Required
• Practical application-level knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 45001 & ISO 14001 as applicable in the aviation environment – Required
• Practical application-level knowledge of Safety Management System principles and requirements as applicable in the aviation environment – Required
• Engineering Degree – Required
• Postgraduate level Business and/or Management Qualification – Advantageous
• Able to hold a Security Check (SC) level security clearance – Required
• Able to hold a Developed Vetting (DV) level security clearance – Required
• A Member of a Professional Engineering Institution (e.g., Royal Aeronautical Society) – Advantageous
• A Chartered Engineer (CEng) registered with the (UK) Engineering Council – Advantageous
Our employee values
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
To us, diversity means bringing your own perspective to the conversation; inclusion means having a voice - and equality means that your voice is heard.
At all our sites internationally, every member of the Draken Europe team is accountable to ensure that we are all treated fairly and with respect.
Intolerance has no place in our Company. We condemn it outright. Instead, we strive to create a culture where each person who joins our team feels they have the opportunity to succeed, to grow, and to work within an environment where they can be themselves.
We are also an Armed Forces friendly organisation, and as part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, welcome applications from veterans and services spouses and partners who met the criteria in our job specifications.
In line with our Disability Confident Commitments, we provide reasonable adjustments to facilitate our interview process, please liaise with us if any reasonable adjustments are required.
- Job type