Draken Europe offers exciting careers that matter.
We believe that mission success does not start with the mission itself. It begins with our people.
Draken Europe is recruiting a Chief Engineer for our base in Helston, Cornwall.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the professional management of the Approved Maintenance Organisation (AMO), located at Culdrose, in accordance with all applicable Aviation Regulatory Requirements and International Standards.
Aviation Regulatory Responsibility & Ownership
• Applicable Aviation Regulation Regulators, but not limited to:
o UK CAA
o UK MAA
• Ensuring that all Maintenance activities completed by the Culdrose AMO always complies with all applicable Aviation Regulations.
• Ensuring that the Culdrose AMO only performs maintenance work on aircraft or components within the boundaries of the privileges/scope of the Aviation Regulatory Approvals held, and as identified in the respective Regulatory Approval Certificates and Expositions.
• Represent the maintenance management structure of the Culdrose AMO and be responsible for all relevant activities specified in all applicable Aviation Regulations.
• Ensure that the Culdrose AMO facilities used for the performance of planned aircraft or component maintenance complies with the requirements of all applicable Aviation Regulations.
• Quality, Security and Health, Safety & Environmental
Responsibility & Ownership
Applicable International Standards, but not limited to:
ISO 9001 – Quality (Business) Management System
ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
ISO 45001 – Occupational Health Management System
ISO 27001 – Information Security Management System
Culdrose AMO Team / Personnel Management
• Effective, efficient, and proactive management of the Culdrose AMO Team.
• Ensure all Culdrose AMO personnel are adequately equipped, trained and competent with respect to their roles and responsibilities.
• Driving, ensuring, and assuring an enhanced safety (operational and SHE) and compliance culture across the Culdrose AMO Team.
• Operational performance – Efficient, effective, and on-time delivery of the maintenance program.
• Financial performance – Efficient, effective, and on-budget delivery of the maintenance program.
• Efficient and effective Internal & External Customer management and engagement.
Experience & Qualifications
• Expert knowledge of Fixed Wing Aircraft Maintenance Management principles and practices – Extensive proven experience in a similar role – Required
• EASA/UK CAA Part 66 B1 or B2 Licensed Aircraft Engineer – Required
• Theoretical and practical application-level knowledge of EASA/UK CAA/ UK MAA Regulations as applicable in the AMO environment – Required
• Practical application-level knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 45001, ISO 14001 & ISO 27001 as applicable in the AMO environment – Required
• Practical application-level knowledge of Safety Management System principles and requirements as applicable in the AMO environment – Required
• Experience of customer interaction and positive relationship building to deliver contractual commitments. – Required
• An ability to manage and present contract performance KPI’s, both internally and externally - Required
• Demonstrable people and cultural change management experience – Advantageous
• Able to hold an SC-Level security clearance – Required
Our employee values
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
To us, diversity means bringing your own perspective to the conversation; inclusion means having a voice - and equality means that your voice is heard.
At all our sites internationally, every member of the Draken Europe team is accountable to ensure that we are all treated fairly and with respect.
Intolerance has no place in our Company. We condemn it outright. Instead, we strive to create a culture where each person who joins our team feels they have the opportunity to succeed, to grow, and to work within an environment where they can be themselves.
We are also an Armed Forces friendly organisation, and as part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, welcome applications from veterans and services spouses and partners who met the criteria in our job specifications.
In line with our Disability Confident Commitments, we provide reasonable adjustments to facilitate our interview process, please liaise with us if any reasonable adjustments are required.
- Job type