Electronic Warfare Officer
Draken is recruiting for a permanent Electronic Warfare Operator (EWO) aircrew to be based at Teesside International Airport.
The position of Electronic Warfare Officer (EWO) at Teesside is a flying role as part of a 3 person crew delivering airborne Operational Readiness Training and representative Electronic Warfare to train military aircrew, ground radar operators and RN assets both within the UK and overseas. The successful candidate will be responsible to the Head of EW Operations via the Senior Base EWO to deliver Electronic Warfare training via face-to-face briefing, tactical planning, airborne delivery and effective debriefs. The hours of operation are in conjunction with civilian flight crew working time limitations over a normal daily working window of 0600-2200 Monday-Friday, with a requirement to work occasional weekends when tasked. In addition to employment within the UK, the post requires the incumbent to work globally for periods up to 6 weeks in a single period. These areas include Europe, the Middle East and the Far East.
Applicants must have UK Military experience as Fast Jet Crew, from other Military Aviation or a background in Fighter Control. Ideally, the candidate will hold a Qualified Weapons Instructor, Electronic Warfare Instructor or Helicopter Warfare Instructor qualification, be an Aerosystems graduate or other professional qualification relevant to the role.
As Line EWO your Skills, Qualification and Knowledge should include:
Personal Skills/Abilities –
- Strong focus on consistency and excellence in delivery of training effects.
- A focus on customer and consumer requirements to ensure excellence in service delivery.
- Ability to prioritise effectively.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, modifying style to meet cultural expectations in Kingdom, contractual obligations set by the Prime, and business outcomes.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Work within teams or lead a team and assume an appropriate style.
Educational and Vocational Qualifications –
- Ex-military rearcrew aircrew (essential) with a ‘post-graduate’ qualification similar to QWI, EWI, AWI or GD Aerosystems (desirable).
- Desirable: DSAT SQEP instructor background and experience of delivery of technical training.
- RAF AWC EWO course and ideally NATO Air Advanced EW Course
- Holds or is capable of holding UK SC security clearance.
Experience and Knowledge –
- EWOs should have been UK military front line aircrew with recent experience in either the tactical employment of EW/ECM, or specialist EW duties in support of the RAF or RN. (FJ WSO, E3 TD or weapons controller, WSOps).
- Or, other military, non-aircrew roles and trades, with recent experience in either the tactical employment of EW/ECM, or specialist EW duties in support of the RAF or RN.
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practical experience of EW
- Ideally demonstrable experience of leading or controlling COMAOs, or multiple formations of aircraft.
- Ideally, knowledge in depth of aircraft defensive aids systems and experience of radar and communications jamming
- In addition, the EWO must have a broad understanding of:
- Ground Based Air Defence systems; ship, aircraft and ground radar types and typical radar modes of operation, tactics and EPM features.
- Surface to Air and Air to Air Weapons systems.
- Examples of current EW techniques and equipment.
- Techniques and tactics for creating a representative EA training environment.
- Previous operating experience experience in KSA or the Gulf States is desirable.
Draken combines advanced technology with a diverse range of aircraft platforms and highly skilled people to deliver mission-critical global aviation solutions for government customers worldwide.
Our end-to-end capabilities include customised Operational Readiness Training, Aircraft MRO & Engineering, Specialised Helicopter Training as well as Search & Rescue and Surveillance services.
Our differences make us stronger. For example, we need people from both commercial and military backgrounds to keep our services reliable yet challenging. In the same way we need people of different ethnicity, backgrounds, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious and non-religious beliefs. For no other reason than it makes our organization perform better.
It’s this diversity of perspective and talent that delivers our values and enables our success, as a diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions and outcomes for everyone.
We believe that diversity is bringing your own unique perspective to the conversations, inclusion is having a voice and engagement is having that voice heard.
Intolerance, which we condemn in any form, has no place in our Company, and we all have a responsibility to ensure that we treat each other fairly and with respect.
We want a culture where everyone who joins feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow, and operate in an environment where they can be authentic.
We are also an Armed Forces friendly organisation, and as part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, welcome applications from veterans and services spouses and partners who met the criteria in our job specifications.
In line with our Disability Confident Commitments, we provide reasonable adjustments to facilitate our interview process, please liaise with us if any reasonable adjustments are required.
Draken Europe employees must hold or be able to hold a minimum award of SC (Security Cleared), granted by the UK Security Vetting agency. Draken Europe will sponsor and guide employees through the vetting process with our internal security vetting experts.
- Job type