B2 Licensed Aircraft Engineer
Draken Europe offers exciting careers that matter.
We believe that mission success does not start with the mission itself. It begins with our people.
We are currently recruiting for B2 Licenced Aircraft Engineer to be based at our site in Helston (Culdrose), Cornwall.
The B2 Licensed Engineer is primarily responsible for the delivery of a serviceable aircraft, capable of fulfilling the operational requirement of the customer. The work scope will include but not limited to Modification Embodiment, Line Operation and Base Maintenance.
The B2 Licenced Engineer is responsible for the completion and certification of airframe/engine & electrical system related tasks, as defined in the Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE), ensuring that work is accomplished in accordance with approved data and company policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
• Completion of all paperwork and documentation.
• The issuing of all approved materials to the work via the companies Aerotrac computer systems.
• All work is completed using approved tools and ground support equipment.
• All work is completed in a safe and appropriate manner considering risk to personnel, property, and reputation.
• The working environment is approved and appropriate to the task being undertaken.
• All tooling is accounted for prior to return to service.
• All post maintenance actions have been completed.
• Completion of maintenance as directed by the Chief Engineer Culdrose or Maintenance Manager.
• Reporting defects to the Chief Engineer Culdrose.
• Reporting issues regarding matters of Health and Safety or Flight Safety, via the company’s reporting system.
• Engineering additional duties as directed by the Chief Engineer Culdrose.
Experience / skills / qualifications
• A very strong maintenance related technical knowledge of fixed wing aircraft Avionic and Electrical systems.
• A very good working knowledge of the regulations and requirements associated with aircraft maintenance, Health & Safety and Human Factors.
• Good supervisory abilities.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic Academic Qualifications with recognized apprenticeship or appropriate armed forces training.
• Holder of EASA or UKCAA Part 66 B2 aircraft engineering license.
• Textron B300 series type rating highly desirable - will be provided by Draken if not already held.
• Ability to achieve UK Security Clearance (SC).
Our employee values
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
We are also an Armed Forces friendly organisation, and as part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, welcome applications from veterans and services spouses and partners who met the criteria in our job specifications.
In line with our Disability Confident Commitments, we provide reasonable adjustments to facilitate our interview process, please liaise with us if any reasonable adjustments are required.
- Job type