The Welder/Mechanic reports to the Team Leader – Engine Bay, and is responsible for supporting on and off wing repairs/H.S.I/overhauls to CF700 engines and components in accordance with all applicable Aviation Regulations and International Standards.
Aviation Regulatory Responsibility
- Applicable Aviation Regulation Regulators, but not limited to:
- UK CAA
- UK MAA
- Other, as applicable
- Compliance with all applicable Aviation Regulations.
- Only perform welding activities within the boundaries of the privileges/scope of the Aviation Regulatory Approvals held, and as identified in the respective Regulatory Approval Certificates and Expositions.
- Ensuring that all tools, equipment and particularly test equipment, as appropriate, are controlled and calibrated according to an officially recognised standard at a frequency to ensure serviceability and accuracy
Quality, Security and Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibility & Ownership
- Applicable International Standards, but not limited to:
- ISO 9001 – Quality (Business) Management System
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
- ISO 45001 – Occupational Health Management System
- ISO 27001 – Information Security Management System
- UK CAA Part 145 (CAP2020 & CAP2022)
- Ensuring that all applicable International Standards are complied with at all times.
- Ensuring that Risk Assessments are in place, maintained up to date, and used for all applicable tasks where the safety of personnel may be at risk.
- Ensuring that COSSH Assessments are in place, maintained up to date, and used for all relevant products.
- Conduct/undertake on-the-job training, where appropriate, under the direction of the Team Leader/Senior Supervisor.
- Carry out maintenance/modification/manufacture of workshop equipment under the direction of the Team Leader/Chief Engineer
- To ensure that relevant paperwork is accurately maintained and completed.
- Promote/maintain cleanliness and workshop standards.
- Sound knowledge of welding systems
- Sound knowledge of Regulatory requirements related to Part 145 maintenance
- An ability to work with and use, precision measuring tools.
- To have sound knowledge of working to tight tolerances and high standards of engineering finishing
- Team oriented with proven communication skills
- Customer focussed with exceptional personal and communication skills
- Self motivated, confident and assertive
- A demonstrated capability to work within and adhere to a defined set of organisational values
- Medically fit to perform daily engineering duties including detached working
- Security cleared to meet current UK and ITAR requirements in support of the business
- Previous experience within an engine workshop
- Further Applicable Aircraft Maintenance Experience, Base/Workshops are desirable.
Educational Vocational Qualifications.
- Engineering apprenticeship trained, preferably within aviation
- Proven record of accomplishment, over 3 years within an aviation business
- Proven ability to work and deliver, to time pressure and deadlines
- An understanding or preferably evidence of working within a continuous improvement project.
Complete all Company mandatory training for the job role in order to satisfy compliance standards
- No major safety and or operational breaches
- Compliance with the Draken policies as required
- Delivery of continuous improvement and change in line with best practice
- Accuracy of documentation including manuals, work cards and procedures as required by the organisation`
- A willingness to develop and learn new capabilities
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
To us, diversity means bringing your own perspective to the conversation; inclusion means having a voice - and equality means that your voice is heard.
At all our sites internationally, every member of the Draken Europe team is accountable to ensure that we are all treated fairly and with respect.
Intolerance has no place in our Company. We condemn it outright. Instead, we strive to create a culture where each person who joins our team feels they have the opportunity to succeed, to grow, and to work within an environment where they can be themselves.
- Job type