Senior Commercial Officer
Draken Europe are recruiting for a Senior Commercial Officer to work within the existing Commercial team at our Bournemouth Head Office. Our focus is to ensure that our business objectives are met, whilst maintaining the required commercial governance, and to provide leadership and co-ordination across our broad responsibilities as a Function. Working with our Bid Teams, Flight Operations and Core Engineering Functions, you will be engaged in commercial activities relating to bids and current programmes. These include complex contracts with key government and corporate organisations.
The position is based at our Bournemouth International Airport site and requires limited travel. The position reports into a Senior Commercial Manager and has no direct reports.
As a Senior Commercial Officer your skills and qualifications will include:
- Preferably qualified to graduate level
- Prior experience in a similar level Commercial role as an essential, ideally in an organisation supplying services in the Aerospace or defence sector.
- Experience and ability to make considered judgements about the overall impact on the business and people of potential issues
- Experience of identifying and managing commercial risk
- Broad business awareness enabling an appropriate contribution at a more senior level
- Ability to develop relationships with external and internal stakeholders
As a Senior Commercial Officer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Leading or supporting negotiations on contractual Terms and Conditions with new and existing customers, minimising liability for the Company, and maximising profit
- Specific responsibility for a portfolio of contracts
- Liaising with colleagues and customers during the preparation of bids and quotations to ensure a timely response to enquiries
- Supporting the Company Tender Vetting and Contract Acceptance approvals
- Contract administration including identifying and addressing contract changes, claims and settling all liability issues affecting operations
- Providing advice on the best commercial practices to be adopted to achieve business objectives
- Summarising key Terms and Conditions, risk and reward for presentation to broader audiences
- Ensuring compliance with Draken policies
- Acting as a commercial interface with customers
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
To us, diversity means bringing your own perspective to the conversation; inclusion means having a voice - and equality means that your voice is heard.
At all our sites internationally, every member of the Draken Europe team is accountable to ensure that we are all treated fairly and with respect.
Intolerance has no place in our Company. We condemn it outright. Instead, we strive to create a culture where each person who joins our team feels they have the opportunity to succeed, to grow, and to work within an environment where they can be themselves.
- Job type