Adversary Air Subject Matter Expert
Draken Europe offers exciting careers that matter.
We believe that mission success does not start with the mission itself. It begins with our people.
We are seeking an Adversary Air Subject Matter Expert (Ad Air SME) based at RAF Waddington to support the development and delivery of high-quality Red Air threat replication in the live and virtual flying domains.
Your mission is to improve the lethality and survivability in combat of the UK MOD Combat Air Force by increasing the value of training through tactics development, routine training, large force exercises and operational test & evaluation by delivering credible adversary tactics informed by the latest intelligence picture.
• Become the Draken Europe Adversary Air SME to ensure that the UK MOD Combat Air Force can optimise the training benefit of extant and future Draken Europe operational readiness training contracts through airborne delivery in the live domain, integration with LVC constructs and supporting ground training events.
• Liaise with Combat Air Force StanEvals to understand and enable specific training needs.
• Assess and assure the fidelity of the mission profiles flown by Draken Europe across contracts.
• Be responsible for the effective integration of Draken assets as part of a coherent ‘Red Force’ for routine training and LFEs by creating realistic and credible scenarios.
• Assimilate threat definition provided by MOD agencies and develop Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) for Draken Europe to provide credible threat replication.
Experience / Qualifications
• Sound understanding of military fast-jet combat operations with a focus on Gen 4 and Gen 5 platform capabilities, TTPs and wider employment
• Solid working knowledge of likely threat platforms, weapons, systems and TTPs
• Experience working within military organisations
Educational Vocational Qualifications
• Credible and experienced in the military fast-jet community as an operator or as an intelligence analyst.
• Strong preference for relevant post-graduate qualifications e.g. QWI
• Capable of achieving and maintaining, at least, UK Secret security clearances with a strong preference for DV.
Our employee values
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
We are also an Armed Forces friendly organisation, and as part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, welcome applications from veterans and services spouses and partners who meet the criteria in our job specifications.
In line with our Disability Confident Commitments, we provide reasonable adjustments to facilitate our interview process, please liaise with us if any reasonable adjustments are required.
- Job type