Draken Europe are recruiting for an Aircraft Fitter to support Base Maintenance activities to the appointed Supervisor and/or Senior Base Engineer.
Role purpose (position scope)
- The maintenance and repair of all aircraft and equipment as directed by the Team Leader.
- To ensure that all activities conform to CAA Pt 145/MIL Pt 145.
- Awareness of and compliance with SHE procedures.
- Accountable for delivery to agreed work programme.
- Working efficiently and meeting or exceeding all Quality requirements against all work programmes.
- When required, liaise with other departments within the company, with the customer, outside agencies to support delivery of the work programme.
- Inform in a timely manner, the Team Leader of any possible work programme delays.
- Ensure all that all SHE requirements are complied with.
- Highlight any tooling requirements to the Team Leader and if required assist with preparation of business case to facilitate procurement.
- Ensure that cleanliness and tidiness of facility, equipment, tooling and employee facilities is maintained within the working areas.
- Ensuring all test and ground support equipment is in a serviceable/calibrated condition and fit to carry out its function before use.
- When appropriate propose changes within the workplace and also be supportive of any introduced changes.
- Support the Continued Improvement & Aerotrac implementation initiatives.
- To attend technical, SHE or QA related training courses and recommend any training needs required to improve the business.
- Ensuring all tool control is carried out in accordance with Draken procedures.
- The tidiness and cleanliness of all engineering work spaces.
- To report any hazard or potential hazard within the workplace using the current company reporting systems.
- Other tasks considered to be within his/her sphere of influence.
- Good technical English (written and spoken)
- Basic maths
- Aircraft Engineering Apprenticeship which included modules such as English, Maths and Physics
- Experience of service or commercial aircraft engineering/operations (desirable)
- Ability to work safely in line with risk assessments and technical instructions
- Good dexterity and an ability to use basic maintenance hand tools in a safe manner
- Trustworthy, motivated team member and physically fit to undertake manual tasks around and on board the aircraft
- Previous Tug driving experience an advantage.
- Medically fit for detachment
- Team oriented
- Good motivational qualities.
- Customer focussed with exceptional personal and communication skills
- Self motivated, Confident, and assertive
- Able to adopt and follow the principles of continuous improvement
- A demonstrated capability to work within and adhere to a defined set of organisational values
Educational Vocational Qualifications –
- Experience on pressurised and/or Un-pressurised aircraft. King Air B350ER an advantage
- Previous experience with the MS Office suite
- Security cleared to meet current UK and ITAR requirements in support of the business
- Human Factors knowledge (Certificate Preferred)
- Computer literate.
- Needs to understand and deliver customer service, whilst representing the company interests.
- Needs to be able to enjoy working within a small team.
- An ability to work safely under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- A willingness to work flexible hours when required.
Draken combines advanced technology with a diverse range of aircraft platforms and highly skilled people to deliver mission-critical global aviation solutions for government customers worldwide.
Our end-to-end capabilities include customised Operational Readiness Training, Aircraft MRO & Engineering, Specialised Helicopter Training as well as Search & Rescue and Surveillance services.
Our differences make us stronger. For example, we need people from both commercial and military backgrounds to keep our services reliable yet challenging. In the same way we need people of different ethnicity, backgrounds, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious and non-religious beliefs. For no other reason than it makes our organization perform better.
It’s this diversity of perspective and talent that delivers our values and enables our success, as a diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions and outcomes for everyone.
We believe that diversity is bringing your own unique perspective to the conversations, inclusion is having a voice and engagement is having that voice heard.
Intolerance, which we condemn in any form, has no place in our Company, and we all have a responsibility to ensure that we treat each other fairly and with respect.
We want a culture where everyone who joins feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow, and operate in an environment where they can be authentic.
We are also an Armed Forces friendly organisation, and as part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, welcome applications from veterans and services spouses and partners who met the criteria in our job specifications.
In line with our Disability Confident Commitments, we provide reasonable adjustments to facilitate our interview process, please liaise with us.
- Job type