Aircraft Fitter - Sheet Metal
Draken Europe are recruiting for multiple Structures/Sheet Metal Fitters to support Base Maintenance activities to the appointed Supervisor and/or Licensed Aircraft Engineer, working on our fixed wing fleet of Aircraft.
These positions are based at our Bournemouth International Airport site.
As an Aircraft Fitter your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Aviation apprenticeship background
- Aircraft structures experience working in an Aircraft line or base maintenance facility.
- Experience of service or commercial aircraft engineering/operations (desirable)
- Ability to gain full UK security clearance if not already gained.
- Motivated team member and physically fit to undertake manual tasks around and on board the aircraft
- Medically fit for detachment
- As an Aircraft Fitter your main responsibilities will involve:
- Safety first. Operate at Draken Europe in accordance with the SHE Technical standards.
- Identify where the SHE Technical Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- To perform base maintenance and when required line maintenance on company and customer operated aircraft including, servicing, inspections, modifications and defect rectification. Reporting to your LAE & SLAE you will need to work in an efficient and timely manner to meet the allocated task times.
- The control of any material or Company equipment provided for the task.
- The cleanliness of the working area at all times.
- Keep all associated Base Maintenance equipment replenished and ensure service dates are complied with.
- There is a possibility of working shift patterns when required to meet operational demands.
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
To us, diversity means bringing your own perspective to the conversation; inclusion means having a voice - and equality means that your voice is heard.
At all our sites internationally, every member of the Draken Europe team is accountable to ensure that we are all treated fairly and with respect.
Intolerance has no place in our Company. We condemn it outright. Instead, we strive to create a culture where each person who joins our team feels they have the opportunity to succeed, to grow, and to work within an environment where they can be themselves.
- Job type