Safety Management System Analyst
The Safety Management System (SMS) Analyst role reports to the Aviation Safety Manager and is
responsible for providing safety data analysis and associated data management in direct support to
the effective running of the Draken Europe Safety Management System including the Occurrence
Reporting database (AQD), associated processes, procedures, Business Intelligence and outputs.
Safety Management System Analysis and Data Management
- Provision of Safety related data analysis, with associated reporting, to meet standing and ad-hoc requests from across the business.
- Focal Point for the Draken Europe Occurrence Management System
- Maintenance, management and administration of the Safety & Compliance Database (AQD).
- Managing the reporting of relevant Regulatory Reportable Occurrences (ECCAIRS & ASIMS) to the National Authorities within defined timescales and ensuring that updates, through to closure, are appropriately managed.
- Production of standing and ad-hoc related reports to meet business requirements.
- Provision of data to support Safety, Security and Compliance Training & Promotion requirements.
- Manage and develop processes to ensure that data and information is available to support key SMS meetings (Daily Risk Assessment Meeting (DRAM), Occurrence Review Meeting (ORM), Safety Review Boards (SRB) and Safety Action Groups (SAG))
- Provision of Safety Management support, as required, to the internal and external audit programme
- Provision of Safety & Compliance Database Training as required.
- Work closely with Aviation Safety Advisors to ensure the efficient, accurate and coherent daily upkeep of the Safety Database (AQD), associated data input/output activity and monitoring of associated standards and processes.
- Data analysis, data management, database administration and Business Intelligence reporting.
- Ad Hoc / Out-of-Hours work during urgent / unforeseen business requirements.
- Domestic / International travel as required.
- Any other duties that are reasonably requested by management within the capability of the incumbent.
Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to A-Level Standard or suitable equivalent – Required
- Experience in Data Handling and Analysis and associated tools (eg Excel) – Required
- Experience working with a Safety Reporting Database (preferably AQD), including analysis of extracted data and presentation through associated Business Intelligence – Highly Desirable
- Experience with management of Civ/Mil Occurrence Reporting Systems (AQD, ASIMS, ECCAIRS etc) – Highly Desirable
- Understanding of Civ/Mil aviation regulations relating to Occurrence Reporting - Desirable
- Experience of Safety Management Systems – Desirable
Personal Skill & Attributes
- Good verbal and written Communication Skills – Ability to interface with internal and external customers
- Good Organizational and Time Management Skills, with the ability to achieve deadlines
- Excellent Computer / IT skills – Competent in the use MS Office Software and other Company Software as required
- Attention to detail and ability to spot errors in complex data.
- Ability to develop and produce high quality Business Intelligence reports fed by Safety Management System data.
- Maintain high levels of integrity, work ethic and confidentiality and use discretion appropriately
- Self-motivated, assertive, resilient with the ability to hold their own.
- Continual Improvement mindset and appetite for process development.
- Effective management and administration of the AQD Database
- Occurrence Report Acknowledgments provided within defined timescales
- Regulatory Reportable Occurrences (MOR & DASOR) reported within defined timescales
- Occurrence Report Feedback provided within defined timescales
- Daily Risk Assessment Data prepared and available within defined timescales
- Accurate Analytical Data & Associated Reports available within defined timescales
- Safety Meetings (eg DRAM/ORM/SRB/SAG) provided with information required, error free, and
- within defined timescales.
- Objectives set during annual Personal Development Review (PDR)
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
To us, diversity means bringing your own perspective to the conversation; inclusion means having a voice - and equality means that your voice is heard.
At all our sites internationally, every member of the Draken Europe team is accountable to ensure that we are all treated fairly and with respect.
Intolerance has no place in our Company. We condemn it outright. Instead, we strive to create a culture where each person who joins our team feels they have the opportunity to succeed, to grow, and to work within an environment where they can be themselves.
- Job type