Falcon 20 Probationary Captain
Draken Europe are recruiting for a Falcon 20 Captain to be based at Teesside International Airport in the UK.
A Falcon 20 Captain is ultimately responsible for all aspects of safety and security whenever the aircraft is being operated under the sole supervision of the operating crew throughout the period of command. They are one of the primary interfaces with the customer and as such have a huge role in the maintenance of the Company’s reputation, competitive position, and commercial success.
As a Falcon 20 Captain your key responsibilities will involve:
- Be responsible for the safe operation of the aeroplane and cargo as defined in the Company Operation Manuals and relevant procedures.
- Responsible for operating in accordance with the relevant SHE standards.
- Maintain familiarity with relevant United Kingdom and International air legislation and aviation best practices and procedures.
- Maintain familiarity with such provisions of the Company Operations Manuals as are necessary to fulfil the required function.
- Maintain a high standard of discipline, conduct and appearance as a representative of the Company.
- In an emergency situation that requires immediate decision and action, take appropriate action they consider necessary under the circumstances.
- Any other duties that are reasonably requested by Draken Europe management within the capability of the incumbent.
- Uphold the Draken Europe Vision, Mission, Customer Promise, and Core Values and Principles
As a Falcon 20 Captain your experience, qualifications & knowledge should include:
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Strong focus on aviation safety and compliance
- Strong airborne leadership skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to work through multiple tasks concurrently, prioritising as required to achieve the task safely.
- Adaptable when faced with dynamic situations.
- Accepts responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work well under time pressure, high information load.
- Ability to self-criticise and/or to accept positive criticism in a constructive manner.
- Hold a valid UK CPL(A) or ATPL(A)
- Hold a Class 1 medical
- Completed AUPRT course
- Over 1000 hours on fast jet aircraft. Highly Desirable
- Qualified Weapons Instructor or Qualified Flying Instructor. Highly Desirable
- Completed MCC course. Desirable
- Previous experience on aircraft involved in a warfare training role. Desirable
- Strong domain knowledge of customer operational requirements and customer platform capabilities
- Flight operations in military or government aviation
- Flight operations in the civil environment (Desirable)
- Reasonable level of competence with the suite of Microsoft Office tools (Desirable)
- Suitably qualified and experienced as a fast jet pilot.
- Suitably experienced in the management of aircrew
- Delivery of contracted Flight Operations. Desirable
Draken combines advanced technology with a diverse range of aircraft platforms and highly skilled people to deliver mission-critical global aviation solutions for government customers worldwide.
Our end-to-end capabilities include customised Operational Readiness Training, Aircraft MRO & Engineering, Specialised Helicopter Training as well as Search & Rescue and Surveillance services.
Our differences make us stronger. For example, we need people from both commercial and military backgrounds to keep our services reliable yet challenging. In the same way we need people of different ethnicity, backgrounds, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious and non-religious beliefs. For no other reason than it makes our organization perform better.
It’s this diversity of perspective and talent that delivers our values and enables our success, as a diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions and outcomes for everyone.
We believe that diversity is bringing your own unique perspective to the conversations, inclusion is having a voice and engagement is having that voice heard.
Intolerance, which we condemn in any form, has no place in our Company, and we all have a responsibility to ensure that we treat each other fairly and with respect.
We want a culture where everyone who joins feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow, and operate in an environment where they can be authentic.
We are also an Armed Forces friendly organisation, and as part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, welcome applications from veterans and services spouses and partners who met the criteria in our job specifications.
In line with our Disability Confident Commitments, we provide reasonable adjustments to facilitate our interview process, please liaise with us if any reasonable adjustments are required.
Draken Europe employees must hold or be able to hold a minimum award of SC (Security Cleared), granted by the UK Security Vetting agency. Draken Europe will sponsor and guide employees through the vetting process with our internal security vetting experts.
- Job type