The position is to assist the Engine Workshop Team Leader, in being responsible, to the Senior Base Engineer – Base Maintenance, for the safety, regulatory compliance and performance of Engine Maintenance activities, essential to the effective delivery of customer contractual requirements.
The Approved Engineer is responsible and accountable for performing engine maintenance to the highest of standards as well as maintaining the delivery requirements while ensuring safety and airworthiness of product. The ability to certify / authorise a maintenance action of a component / assembly back to service is an essential function of this role.
Engine maintenance is primarily performed within the engine overhaul workshop but on occasions, it may be necessary to be performed on wing at remote locations. This may be performed in a small team or alone at times.
Engine maintenance is highly regulated and safety/quality/regulatory compliance associated with engine maintenance is held as the first priority. The Approved Engineer must drive and deliver a culture of safety first ahead of schedule while maintaining the highest level of regulatory compliance, Promoting SHE and Security in relation to the performance of engine maintenance activities is essential.
Engine maintenance operational activities are based around customer requirements, the preparedness to work additional hours or travel in relation to delivering a successful maintenance business is essential. Reacting to changes in operational situations is a function of an Approved Engineer.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Safety first. Operate at Draken Europe in accordance with the SHE Technical standards. Identify where the SHE Technical Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply the safe systems of work identified.
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks
- Maintain Draken & customer engines in accordance with the manufacturer’s and Draken’s maintenance procedures.
- Investigate and repair faults reported or found on engines
- To carry out on wing engine support when requested at base and possibly detached locations
- To ensure that engine work pack documentation is accurately maintained and progressed during engine maintenance activities
- Maintain and promote workshop cleanliness standards
- Ensure that all tasks are completed in accordance with the current Departmental and Company Safety & Quality standards and procedures.
- Perform the strip, clean, inspection, build & test of engines as directed by the workshop Team leader.
- Perform the certification of maintenance activities performed within the limitations of the Part 145 B & C Rated workshop.
- To communicate well and liaise with other related Departments i.e. Engineering Control, Line & Base Maintenance
- Promote and engender a safety, legislative and cost awareness culture
- Support a continuous improvement philosophy within the business. Evaluate all existing standards, practices and procedures with a view to continuous improvement and efficiency using the company improvement methodology.
- Assist with audits and quality assurance issues
- Assisting the Team Leader in the day to day functions of the Engine Workshop and deputise in their absence
- Assist the Team Leader with the assessment and closure of audit findings, SMS assessments / improvements, root cause investigations and departmental improvement ideas.
- Assisting the Team leader in the development of the engine workshop maintenance team
- Encouraging effective incident reporting and the improvement of the SMS.
- Being responsible for effective tool control
- Ensuring the cleanliness and tidiness of the facility, equipment, tooling and employee facilities is maintained to a high standard
- Ensuring company values involving staff and development practices are in place.
- Other tasks as set by the Senior Base Engineer / Team Leader that are considered to be within the capabilities of the individual and required as part of the daily running of the engineering department
- Sound knowledge of gas turbine operations
- Sound knowledge of Regulatory requirements related to Part 145 maintenance
- An ability to work with and use, precision measuring tools.
- To have sound knowledge of working to tight tolerances and high standards of engineering finishing
- Team oriented with proven communication skills
- Customer focussed with exceptional personal and communication skills
- Self motivated, confident and assertive
- A demonstrated capability to work within and adhere to a defined set of organisational values
- Medically fit to perform daily engineering duties including detached working
- Security cleared to meet current UK and ITAR requirements in support of the business
- Previous experience within an engine workshop
- Further Applicable Aircraft Maintenance Experience, Base/Workshops are desirable.
Educational Vocational Qualifications.
- Formal mechanical engineering qualifications are essential, preferably ONC or above
- Engineering apprenticeship trained, preferably within aviation
- Proven record of accomplishment, over 3 years within an aviation business
- Proven ability to work and deliver, to time pressure and deadlines
- An understanding or preferably evidence of working within a continuous improvement project.
- Complete all Company mandatory training for the job role in order to satisfy compliance standards
- No major safety and or operational breaches
- Compliance with the Draken policies as required
- Delivery of continuous improvement and change in line with best practice
- Accuracy of engine documentation including manuals, work cards and procedures as required by the organisation`
- A willingness to develop and learn new capabilities
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
To us, diversity means bringing your own perspective to the conversation; inclusion means having a voice - and equality means that your voice is heard.
At all our sites internationally, every member of the Draken Europe team is accountable to ensure that we are all treated fairly and with respect.
Intolerance has no place in our Company. We condemn it outright. Instead, we strive to create a culture where each person who joins our team feels they have the opportunity to succeed, to grow, and to work within an environment where they can be themselves.
- Job type