Compliance Auditor - Fixed Wing Operations
Draken Europe is recruiting a Compliance Auditor – Fixed Wing Operations to be based at Bournemouth International Airport with travel to other sites.
There is a requirement for a Compliance Auditor to support the Compliance Monitoring Manager (CMM) for the coordination of flight operations compliance related activities for Draken Europe across the Islander and L159 platforms and bases. The role provides direct support to the CMM to perform compliance functions both independently and as directed to ensure compliance internally and externally with the UK CAA and other regulatory bodies.
- Supporting the Compliance Monitoring Manager in ensuring regulatory and internal compliance within the AOC, including Flight Operations, Ground Operations and Crew Training.
- Developing audit checklists based upon internal documented procedures and a combination of UK CAA and other regulatory requirements.
- Implementing the AOC Compliance audit programme, including the management and completion of audits and the production of audit reports.
- Acting as lead auditor for audits on behalf of Compliance Monitoring Manager to ensure compliance against applicable aviation regulations, in particular UK CAA 965/2012 (Air Operations), 1178/2011(Aircrew) and CAP 632 (Permit-to-Fly Ex-Military aircraft).
- Monitoring internal and external findings through to closure within agreed timeframes including assessing acceptability of root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions.
- Delivering internal auditor and compliance training courses including auditing techniques and root cause analysis.
- Creating and updating compliance documentation relating to the AOC, ATO, existing contracts and future bids.
- Continually reviewing and improving compliance processes, systems and output.
- Liaising with and assisting with facilitating audits conducted by the CAA and other third parties.
- Proactive communication and feedback with the Compliance Monitoring Manager to ensure a harmonious, complete internal compliance programme is monitored and completed in a timely manner.
- Providing written reports and data analysis for high level compliance monitoring.
- Management of compliance management tools (AQD, Q-Pulse, SharePoint).
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure transparency of compliance throughout the organisation.
As a Compliance Auditor – Fixed Wing Operations your Experience, Qualifications & Personal Attributes should ideally include:
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in the aviation industry, preferably within the special mission and/or defence segment.
- Knowledge of commercial air transport and specialised air operations.
- Specific knowledge of the UK CAA, ICAO and other relevant regulatory structures and documentation, in particular: Part-ORO, Part-CAT, Part-SPA, Part-SPO, and Part-FCL.
- Knowledge of compliance systems.
- Auditing experience.
Personal Skill & Attributes
- Self-motivated, assertive, resilient with the ability to hold their own.
- Excellent IT and communication skills, both written and oral to enable the preparation, analysis and delivery of information at all levels of the organisation.
- Good organisational and time management skills, with the ability to achieve deadlines.
- Excellent team player, with the ability to quickly and effectively prioritise workload to adapt to a rapidly growing and changing business.
- Maintain high levels of integrity, work ethic and confidentiality and use discretion appropriately.
- Solution focussed, practical individual who is prepared to continuously improve personal and departmental processes and systems.
Draken combines advanced technology with a diverse range of aircraft platforms and highly skilled people to deliver mission-critical global aviation solutions for government customers worldwide.
Our end-to-end capabilities include customised Operational Readiness Training, Aircraft MRO & Engineering, Specialised Helicopter Training as well as Search & Rescue and Surveillance services.
Our differences make us stronger. For example, we need people from both commercial and military backgrounds to keep our services reliable yet challenging. In the same way we need people of different ethnicity, backgrounds, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious and non-religious beliefs. For no other reason than it makes our organization perform better.
It’s this diversity of perspective and talent that delivers our values and enables our success, as a diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions and outcomes for everyone.
We believe that diversity is bringing your own unique perspective to the conversations, inclusion is having a voice and engagement is having that voice heard.
Intolerance, which we condemn in any form, has no place in our Company, and we all have a responsibility to ensure that we treat each other fairly and with respect.
We want a culture where everyone who joins feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow, and operate in an environment where they can be authentic.
We are also an Armed Forces friendly organisation, and as part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, welcome applications from veterans and services spouses and partners who met the criteria in our job specifications.
In line with our Disability Confident Commitments, we provide reasonable adjustments to facilitate our interview process, please liaise with us if any reasonable adjustments are required.
Draken Europe employees must hold or be able to hold a minimum award of SC (Security Check), granted by the UK Security Vetting agency. Draken Europe will sponsor and guide employees through the vetting process with our internal security vetting experts.
- Job type