The Operations Controller will be based at a Draken (Europe) Operational base at Bournemouth International Airport. They will:
- Facilitate the effective delivery of the flying programme for all Flight Operations under the guidance of the Ops Control Leadership Team.
- Coordinate all of Draken (Europe) Operational activities at their respective base, including deployed operations.
- Conduct legal and compliant Aircrew and Aircraft Rostering when required.
- Build strong working relationships and effectively communicates with the various customer Points of Contact (internal and external) to ensure safe and compliant delivery of contracted services.
- Is the initial focal point for emergency response and undertake any immediate actions as required by the company Emergency Response Plan.
- Undertake out of hours callout (additional renumeration).
- Operate in accordance with Draken Europe’s Health and Safety Management System Manual. Identify where the SHE Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work that have been identified.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted compliantly and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and all regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Responsible for undertaking the required actions in response to an accident/emergency and in accordance with procedures laid down in the company Emergency Response Plan and relevant Operations Manuals.
- Under the direction and guidance of the Team Leader and Operations Manager, coordinate the day-to-day operation ensuring performance targets are met and the operation is deployed safely and efficiently.
- Ensure that any policy breaches are reported to the Team Leader and Operations Manager.
- Liaise with customer organisations, including local aerodromes, to effect operational delivery (external).
- Liaise with relevant agencies/personnel on the execution of the flying program, maintenance of aircraft and management of aircrews (internal).
- Monitor aircraft inflight, responding to any issues as they arise and providing information to the relevant persons (delays or technical issues).
- Be the Operations lead for coordination and planning of detachments away from the Main Operating Base (MOB).
- Monitor and maximise operational performance and revenue within the scope of the role.
- Proactively seek efficiency gains through continuous improvement.
- Perform any other role specific tasks as required by the Team Leader and the Operations Manager.
- In the role of Operations Controller, the incumbent will need to make fast, responsive, balanced and responsible decisions, taking into account conflicting needs and operational requirements with revenue protection and industrial/regulatory constraints.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience within an aviation environment. Ideally a military fast-jet operation (highly desirable).
- Strong academic achievement, typically higher education standard (A-Level) or equivalent (desirable).
- Knowledge of civilian and military aviation rules and regulations (essential).
- SC clearance (essential)
- Knowledge of flight planning software, crew planning and rostering systems (desirable).
- Exposure to both military and commercial aviation sectors (desirable).
- Experience of managing and controlling multiple resources within a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Have a proven record of managing change (essential)
Skills and Behaviours
- Highly numerate and able to demonstrate good analytical skills.
- Self-starting and motivated individual with a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Strong IT literacy and is a capable user of Microsoft Office Suite, with particular experience with MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint.
- Works on own initiative, requiring minimal guidance from their Manager.
- Continually and pro-actively seeks new ways of working to improve overall business performance.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- High level of energy and self motivation, often working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Needs to be articulate and have the ability to build credible trusting relationships.
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Get messages understood by adopting a wide range of styles, tools and techniques
- Share information, good practice and expertise with others
- Present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others
- Listen actively and objectively without interrupting
- Respond to and discuss issues without being defensive.
- No breaches of regulatory compliance.
- No infringements of the Operations Control Procedures Manual leading to operational failures.
- Successful achievement of contractual Key Performance indicators.
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
To us, diversity means bringing your own perspective to the conversation; inclusion means having a voice - and equality means that your voice is heard.
At all our sites internationally, every member of the Draken Europe team is accountable to ensure that we are all treated fairly and with respect.
Intolerance has no place in our Company. We condemn it outright. Instead, we strive to create a culture where each person who joins our team feels they have the opportunity to succeed, to grow, and to work within an environment where they can be themselves.
- Job type