Deputy Security Manager
Draken Europe offers exciting careers that matter.
We believe that mission success does not start with the mission itself. It begins with our people.
We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Security Manager (DSM).
Reporting to the Security Manger, this role is designed to enhance the reputation of Draken Europe by ensuring the security requirements of MOD, Home Office, site owners and customers are met or exceeded.
The DSM will serve the direct requirements of the business and in doing so will liaise with other business areas to provide appropriate security support and access to secure facilities.
Whilst this position is based at Bournemouth, there is a requirement to provide support and oversight to other Draken facilities and departments based around the UK and overseas.
• Promote and demonstrate security as a core value to the organisation and lead in driving the organisation toward meeting its key performance indicators for security.
• Assist in development and maintenance of internal security policies in line with the SPF/Government Functional Standard GovS 007.
• Provide security subject matter expertise and advice to staff, projects and contracts as required.
• Support preparation of Security Management Plans and security gate reviews for future bids and contracts. The ability to support the business in delivery of current and future contracts through to end of life is a key part of this role.
• Employ a proactive approach in ensuring that all aspects of physical security around Draken Europe sites are regularly monitored and checked to maintain FSC certification. Administer and assure robust systems to meet high levels of security performance alongside compliance requirements.
• Administer and manage the provision of security services and products provided to Draken by suppliers including management of external security services for the protection of bases, aircraft and assets, as well as personnel.
• Administer an effective cryptographic management system in accordance with UK MoD’s Joint Service Publication 490 (Defence Cryptosecurity Operating Procedures) where required by MoD.
• Where applicable, assist business in investigation of internal security breaches or any other relevant investigation if required. Investigate instances of staff being the victim of criminal activity especially in relation to their work for Draken.
Experience / skills / qualifications
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Defence Industry/MoD security role.
• Experience as a cryptographic custodian handling information.
• Understanding of physical security requirements to protect assets.
• Security cleared to SC level or the ability to achieve SC Clearance.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a security environment List-X/FSC site security.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the use of Security Policy Framework, GovS 007 (since 2020), CPNI standards and JSP 490.
• Experience in security policy and procedure writing.
• Thorough understanding of UK Government/MoD and NATO classification markings.
• Understanding of MoD classification handling principles, procedures and MoD Form 102 Registry in line with MoD FSC regulations.
• Experience in security audit processes and writing.
• Experience of undertaking risk assessments and developing risk management plans.
• DISA Security Controllers’ Course (or equivalent) qualified.
• LRQA (or equivalent) qualified internal auditor.
• Experience in the security investigation process through WARP and JSyCC.
Our employee values
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
To us, diversity means bringing your own perspective to the conversation; inclusion means having a voice - and equality means that your voice is heard.
At all our sites internationally, every member of the Draken Europe team is accountable to ensure that we are all treated fairly and with respect.
Intolerance has no place in our Company. We condemn it outright. Instead, we strive to create a culture where each person who joins our team feels they have the opportunity to succeed, to grow, and to work within an environment where they can be themselves.
We are also an Armed Forces friendly organisation, and as part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, welcome applications from veterans and services spouses and partners who met the criteria in our job specifications.
In line with our Disability Confident Commitments, we provide reasonable adjustments to facilitate our interview process, please liaise with us if any reasonable adjustments are required.
- Job type