RSAF Electronic Warfare Officer
Draken is recruiting for four permanent Electronic Warfare Operator (EWO) aircrew to be based at the main operating base in Dhahran, KSA.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Deliver line flying mission cycle (planning, briefing, operation, debriefing) across 5-10 sorties per week.
- Assist the EW Ground Training Instructor with the delivery of introductory and refresher ground training courses to RSAF flying squadron aircrew ahead of live airborne flying training.
- Provide the ground-based mission support coordinator function directly with end user squadrons, on weekly rotation with all four line EWOs.
- A total of four EW Operator aircrew will be deployed into KSA from January 2024. From Q1 then Q3 2022, two pairs of EW Operators will conduct flying training. They will then gain experience in the flying role by undertaking Draken ops in the UK flying in Dassault Falcon FA20 aircraft from Teesside and Bournemouth Airports. Subsequently, additional conversion training to a new EW platform will be provided in time for the EWOs to deliver EWFT in KSA from January 2024.
As Line EWO your key responsibilities will be to:
- Assist the RSAF Senior EWO in safely achieving the daily flying programme by planning, briefing, operating and debriefing each mission.
- Operate in accordance with Air Legislation and relevant company Operations Manuals.
- Provide the dedicated weekly mission support coordination function directly with the end user aircrew communities through effective pre-mission planning and coordination of daily taskings. (This is a recurring weekly rotational function shared between all the line EWOs.)
- Support the EW Training Instructor when rostered to deliver introductory or refresher EW ground school courses to RSAF aircrew.
- Assist the RSAF Senior EWO, EW Ground Training Instructor and EW Training Manager with SME support when requested.
- Assist the RSAF Senior EWO and EW Training Manager, if directed, in the organisation and support of visits from internal or external agencies.
- Support the RSAF Senior EWO in ensuring company and national safety and security procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintain and actively promote a Safety first approach.
- Uphold the Draken Europe Vision, Mission, Customer Promise, and Core Values and Principles.
- Utilise Company procedures to report non-compliance, safety and security matters in a timely fashion.
- Attend all company training and briefing sessions as required by the RSAF Senior EWO.
- Undertake any other duties that are reasonably requested by Draken Europe management within the capability of the incumbent.
As Line EWO your Skills, Qualification and Knowledge should include:
Personal Skills/Abilities –
- Strong focus on consistency and excellence in delivery of training effects.
- A focus on customer and consumer requirements to ensure excellence in service delivery.
- Ability to prioritise effectively.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, modifying style to meet cultural expectations in Kingdom, contractual obligations set by the Prime, and business outcomes.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Work within teams or lead a team and assume an appropriate style.
Educational and Vocational Qualifications –
- Ex-military rearcrew aircrew (essential) with a ‘post-graduate’ qualification similar to QWI, EWI, AWI or GD Aerosystems (desirable).
- Desirable: DSAT SQEP instructor background and experience of delivery of technical training.
- RAF AWC EWO course and ideally NATO Air Advanced EW Course
- Holds or is capable of holding UK SC security clearance.
Experience and Knowledge –
- EWOs should have been UK military front line aircrew with recent experience in either the tactical employment of EW/ECM, or specialist EW duties in support of the RAF or RN. (FJ WSO, E3 TD or weapons controller, WSOps).
- Or, other military, non-aircrew roles and trades, with recent experience in either the tactical employment of EW/ECM, or specialist EW duties in support of the RAF or RN.
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practical experience of EW
- Ideally demonstrable experience of leading or controlling COMAOs, or multiple formations of aircraft.
- Ideally, knowledge in depth of aircraft defensive aids systems and experience of radar and communications jamming
In addition, the EWO must have a broad understanding of:
- Ground Based Air Defence systems; ship, aircraft and ground radar types and typical radar modes of operation, tactics and EPM features.
- Surface to Air and Air to Air Weapons systems.
- Examples of current EW techniques and equipment.
- Techniques and tactics for creating a representative EA training environment.
- Previous operating experience experience in KSA or the Gulf States is desirable.
Draken combines advanced technology with a diverse range of aircraft platforms and highly skilled people to deliver mission-critical global aviation solutions for government customers worldwide.
Our end-to-end capabilities include customised Operational Readiness Training, Aircraft MRO & Engineering, Specialised Helicopter Training as well as Search & Rescue and Surveillance services.
Our differences make us stronger. For example, we need people from both commercial and military backgrounds to keep our services reliable yet challenging. In the same way we need people of different ethnicity, backgrounds, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious and non-religious beliefs. For no other reason than it makes our organization perform better.
It’s this diversity of perspective and talent that delivers our values and enables our success, as a diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions and outcomes for everyone.
We believe that diversity is bringing your own unique perspective to the conversations, inclusion is having a voice and engagement is having that voice heard.
Intolerance, which we condemn in any form, has no place in our Company, and we all have a responsibility to ensure that we treat each other fairly and with respect.
We want a culture where everyone who joins feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow, and operate in an environment where they can be authentic.
We are also an Armed Forces friendly organisation, and as part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, welcome applications from veterans and services spouses and partners who met the criteria in our job specifications.
In line with our Disability Confident Commitments, we provide reasonable adjustments to facilitate our interview process, please liaise with our recruitment partners at AMS if any reasonable adjustments are required.
- Job type